Unsure of your rights in a civil litigation matter? Or need help determining the next step towards dispute resolution?
Shine Lawyers NZ are experts in civil litigation and dispute resolution who know the best course of action to protect your interests, resolve your dispute and secure the outcomes that are important to you. Contact us today to organise your obligation-free consultation.
What is civil litigation?
Civil litigation is the blanket term used for legal disputes that do not involve a criminal element.
Types of civil cases
- Business disputes – this could include disputes over contracts, partnership agreements or intellectual property.
- Financial disputes – such as bankruptcy, insolvency, restructuring etc.
- Consumer disputes – this includes matters of professional negligence and consumer protections.
- Property disputes – like building or construction disputes, lease and tenancy agreements or neighbourhood disputes.
- Employment disputes
- Personal disputes – which includes Wills and Estate disputes or disputes with insurance companies
What is the civil litigation process?
You may have a variety of dispute resolution options available to you, depending on the nature of the dispute and the specifics of your situation. Civil disputes can be resolved by a number of means including:
- Filing proceedings in the Disputes Tribunal;
- Mediation and arbitration;
- Going to court.
Our civil litigation lawyers may be able to negotiate informally or make submissions on your behalf to secure a resolution.
Alternatively, we may try to resolve the dispute by reaching an agreement with the opposing party through a conciliation or settlement conference, or with the assistance of a mediator.
More often than not, cases can be resolved before having to go through the court process. If this is unavoidable in your situation, our civil litigation lawyers have a proven track record and will be with you through each step of the process.
How Shine Lawyers can help
Our civil litigation lawyers are experts in all areas of civil litigation and dispute resolution. We’ll strive to resolve the dispute as efficiently and cost-effective as possible; providing specialist advice and tailored strategies to seek the outcomes most important to you.
Get started today by contacting us to arrange an obligation-free consultation with a civil litigation lawyer.
Who is Shine Lawyers New Zealand's Civil Litigation team?
Shine Lawyers’ Civil Litigation team includes some of the firm’s most experienced solicitors and support staff. The team includes: