Unsure of whether a loved one’s Will is fair? Or worried about how the executor is administering the Will? Shine Lawyers can help you stand up for your rights in an estate dispute or as a close family member who has been left out of a Will.
The death of a family member or loved one is a difficult time, particularly so when inheritance is involved. Disputes over money, property, and everyone’s ‘fair share’ can quickly become very complex. That’s where consulting an experienced Will and estate disputes lawyer can be invaluable.
Shine Lawyers are experts in Will and estate disputes, we strive to help our clients get their fair entitlements and inheritance.
Shine Lawyers can help you challenge a Will if:
- You are a family member and have been left out of a Will, or you believe the will doesn’t make adequate provision for you,
- The deceased made a promise to you that if you did something for them, they would provide for you in their Will,
- You are the partner of the deceased and you want to claim a half-share of the relationship property,
- You can show that the deceased did not have the mental capacity to make a Will,
- There was undue influence on the deceased when making the Will.
Shine Lawyers can also help you resolve estate administration issues
This can include challenging the actions of an executor or the failure of the executor to act. Shine Lawyers are experienced with applications to the High Court for orders removing and replacing the executor, for example in situations where:
- an executor is not acting in the best interests of all beneficiaries
- an executor is not distributing the estate as soon as reasonably and lawfully possible (unreasonable delay)
- an executor is living in the deceased’s property rent-free or for a low rent
- an executor owes money to the deceased
Crucially, Shine Lawyers will help you navigate the legal process so your claim does not run out of time. Under Wills and estates law, strict time limits apply, so it is very important to seek legal advice as soon as possible if you believe you have grounds to contest a Will or are experiencing estate administration setbacks.
Shine Lawyers are Will and estate dispute experts
Our expert Will and estate lawyers offer expert legal representation. We listen to our clients’ concerns and build an understanding of their unique situation, so we can achieve the best possible outcome for them.
For an obligation-free consultation with a member of our Will and Estate Disputes team, contact us today.
Why choose Shine Lawyers?
We are here to help you right wrong.
Who is Shine Lawyers New Zealand's Will and Estate Dispute team?
Shine Lawyers’ Will and Estate Dispute team includes some of the firm’s most experienced solicitors and support staff. The team includes: